Friday, September 5, 2008

Don't Forget About "YOU"!

Dear Moms,

Are you about balanced out? Don’t Give Up The Ship , because the best is yet to come! We all make mistakes in parenting, even if we don’t like to admit it. One of my biggest Mothering mistakes was that I neglected to take care of myself. I gave sacrificially, and yes selflessly, until there was no more to give. What was the fruit? I was a blessing to my husband and a blessing to my children, and a disaster to myself. I ended up in the bed more times than I want to count, with sickness, exhaustion or severe postpartum depression. Yes, at times, I was an UNPERSON. I had SUBMISSIONED MYSELF into a STEPFORD WIFE, who had no opinions. I had mothered myself into exhaustion. I kept the perfect house with the expense of my health. Even when walking through the dark hours of Depression, I made sure my ship was running smoothly, refusing to even take a nap. I, being a TYPE-TRIPLE A Personality, always gave over 200%. Do you know what I was during that season of my life? I was hungry, sleepy, and sad.

I must admit that by the “Grace of God,” I learned some things along the way. It was a hard lesson that I learned through pain and suffering. Did you ever face in your life an “UPHILL BATTLE” on a mountain that God did not want you to climb in the first place? That WORD PICTURE explains it all. Now I tell mothers, all mothers young as well as old ,that God wants you to take good care of yourself, so that you can take care of your family. Do you remember the old childhood song?
J ESUS and
O THERS and
Y OU what a wonderful way to spell JOY.

Yes ,the Great Commandment says, “LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” No, it is not Pride or even vanity to love yourself; it is God’s Command. And it is the final KEY to living a balanced life. Here are some Quick Tips that I learned along the way:
1. Sleep Eight Hours A Day--even if it means that you go to bed early and your husband watches all the children even the nursing baby.
2. Eat A Balanced Diet--You need both food and sleep to nurse your baby healthily and take care of the other children. (I'm saying this is true as I am a recovering Anorexic)
3. Always Use Good Hegemony--Mom, teeth, hair, shaven legs, showers, eyebrows, etc., “You Are Human.” You need care to be Healthy and Strong.
4. Get A Hairdo that Flatters Your Face, and take the time to fix it.
5. Invest In A Wardrobe That Enhances Your Figure.
6. Exercise Daily If Possible--you will feel better about yourself and so will your husband.
7. Read A Book A Month If Possible or join a book Club.
8. Do A PAMPER ME DAY Monthly. (Pedicures and Manicures or what ever makes you feel feminine.)
9. Keep The Romance Alive (SEX IN THE CONTEXT OF MARRIAGE IS GREAT. It is also a STRESS RELIEVER if you didn’t know that).
10. Last, but surely not least, TAKE A MONTHLY RETREAT WITH GOD. Set a date go to a Church or a quiet place and just REST IN THE LORD. It will bring you great peace and refresh your soul. HE MAKES ME LIE DOWN IN GREEN PASTURES, HE REFRESHES MY SOUL.

Mom, You count, so take good care of yourself. I am all about, THE LOST ART OF MOTHERHOOD, but my second passion, besides writing Christian Books, Is THE LOST ART OF FEMININITY. If you are a Woman, BE A WOMAN; your FEMININITY is GOD’S GIFT TO YOU AND GOD’S GIFT TO YOUR HUSBAND. BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE, BE BEAUTIFUL! After all, you are GOD’S CREATION. What did God say? I think it went something like this, “YOU ARE FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE.” Our Pastor shares that when Adam saw Eve, he said, “WOW.” What does your husband say when he sees you coming?

Mom, what do you think? ASK ELLEN.

No comments: