Sunday, December 7, 2008

Funny things kids say III...

Dear Moms,
Did you ever hear a child say something that makes you laugh, and later on you think to yourself, “I WISH I HAD SAID THAT.” Followed by the thought, “THOSE WERE THE WORDS OF A GENIUS.” Yes, children are thinking all the time and it is amazing how their minds work. They can truly teach us something new each day, and bring us a chuckle at the same time. These ingenious thoughts will be remembered for many years to come, and I hope that they will make us laugh generation after generation. This section is called………

MOM, I THINK I’M A GENIUS

When I decided to go blonde, my hair turned Red instead. My young daughter Tarolyn watched this whole process, then commented, “MOM, NOW THAT YOU ARE AREDHEAD, YOU WILL PROBALLY RUN FASTER!”


When Kaitlin was three years old, she asked me to teach her to tie her shoes. Having a busy day, I only showed her one time, but to my surprise, she caught on right away. The next day, I said, “KAITLIN, YOU ARE ONLY THREE YEARS OLD AND, YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW TO TIE YOUR SHOES!!” Kaitlin looked at me and replied , “MOM, I THINK I’M A GENIUS.”



It was a rain storm and the electricity went off throughout the entire house . Little Tarolyn volunteered, “MOM, WANT ME TO HOLD THE FLASHLIGHT WHILE YOU COOK ON THE STOVE?”



Joshua and Monica, both age six were walking thru the fog one day and talking. Josh was overheard saying, “MONICA, DID YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU ARE WALKING THRU THE FOG, IT IS NOT FOGGY.”


One Sunday morning as we were all sitting around the breakfast table and reading the paper. Kaitlin , age 3, was tying her shoes, a new skill she had learned. When some one would talk, she would immediately say, “ SHHHH, I’M TYING MY SHOES.” I was trying to help her out, so as each child joined us at the breakfast table, I would repeat, “SHHHH, KAITLIN IS TYING HER SHOES.” Everyone obediently hushed, until, in walked WISE OLD TYLER, A TEENAGER. Tyler walked up to Kaitlin and gently remarked, “KAITLIN, YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO TIE YOUR SHOES UNDER PRESSURE.” (no wonder, EVERYONE LOVES TYLER)



What ingenious things have your lille ones said? E-Mail me, and we will post your child’s funny comments on the website. ELLEN
momsbestwisdom@yahoo.com

www.momsbestwisdom.com

No comments: