Thursday, November 27, 2008

Remember When

Dear Moms,
I’m sad to finish this section on thankfulness, because I believe that having a thankful heart is a key to opening yourself up for God’s blessings to you. Praise and thanking God need to be a part of our every day life. No, how can we can’t count our blessings if we can’t see our blessings.? Pray for eyes to see God’s blessings in your life, and ears to hear God speaking just to you, I guarantee you will be full of thanksgiving and joy.
There is and old Bill Gaither Song that goes like this, “WE HAVE THIS MOMENT TO HOLD IN OUR HANDS, AND TO TOUCH AS IT RUNS THRU OUR FINGERS LIKE SAND, YESTERDAYS GONE AND TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME BUT WE HAVE THIS MOMENT TODAY.” That one sentence says so much. We have no guarantee in this life that we will be here for tomorrow. Only God knows the day that we will take our last breathe and say our goodbyes to all we love. Some people don’t even get the chance to say goodbye. We are only given this moment to live to the fullest, so live it with all your heart and treasure the moment, mom. Yes, live each day like it is your last..
This Thanksgiving our family is going to do something very different. I hope that it will become a family tradition. We are to gather together with a glass of wine in hand and toast my dad who died almost two years ago. My dad always loved Thanksgiving, because it meant being with the entire family. So together we will honor dad and share memories of times with dad and thanksgiving for the way he formed our lives and made us the people we are today. I so look forward to this as my mom, my siblings, my children, my husband, myself will all be a part of this celebration of a life well lived. I hope that we will hear a memory that we did not know before from someone else’s life. I know Dad will be smiling down from heaven enjoying the moment and God the Father will be smiling as well as we show honor to our earthly father.
As I was thinking about this blog, I thought about memories, that live forever in our hearts. I thought about reconnection with people, I thought of touching a life for Christ in ways you will never know until you go to your heavenly home. Who lives in your memory mom? Is it your first grade teacher, who made such an impression on your heart, that you vowed to be a teacher one day yourself, and now you are. Is it that Best Friend who you shared secrets with and laughed until you sides ached on those all night sleep over, then she moved to another city. Is it your step children who you raised as your own, until your husband left you taking them out of your life. Is it a mother of one of your classmates in middle school who helped to form your faith? If it wasn’t for her bold witness you may not know Jesus today? Is it a broken relationship of you and your parents, you and your siblings, you and a friend or you and a grown child? Life gets busy, time flies, we always put off until tomorrow. Don’t procrastinate any longer, repair that relationship today. Reconnect to that teacher and thank her. Call that Best Friend and laugh until your sides ache. Write those Step children a letter to let them know they still live in your heart. Encourage that mother in the faith she passed down to you. Now is the time. Tomorrow may never come, but we have this moment today. Remember when, do some memory searching, my friend , then reach out in love. Who knows , some one may even reach out to you this season, and your FLASH FROM THE PAST,” could be a life changing moment. It never can happen if people don’t learn to listen to that still small voice of God in their heart, then act on His leadings. Relationship are not only important to me, they are important to God. So take this blog to pray mom, then DO WHATEVER HE TELLS YOU. God will turn your water into wine and people will bubble over with joy.
Happy Thanksgiving to all,
Ellen
www.momsbestwisdom.com

No comments: